[TowerTalk] 40 Meters Inverted V problem(s)

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40 Meters Inverted V problem(s)
From: Chris Wynn via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 07:49:24 -0700
I have a 40 Meter inverted V mounted off the side of my TX-472 tower at about
55 feet.  I have a fiberglass pole holding it out from the tower around 2 1/2
feet away from the tower.

I originally cut each leg at 31 feet, 4 inches.  I have added length, cut off
length, and changed the angle of the legs.

I CANNOT get this antenna to tune to resonance anywhere.... the lowest my MFJ
will show is about 1.9 around 6 MHz.

I also have a 30 meter V and 80 meter V, plus a 160 dipole, which all work
flawlessly coming out of the same remote switch.

Do you think the tower could be de-tuning the antenna?

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong with this picture?  I need to
get the SWR down so that my Alpha 87A will deliver a little bit more power out.

Thanks for any help.....

73's and see you in the pile ups!

Chris

N4XFA