Re: [TowerTalk] More 40 meter problems

To: "'john nistico'" <electric911inc@hotmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] More 40 meter problems
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@largeriver.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 11:04:49 -0500
Hi John,

I had an RFI problem with EATON arc fault/gfi breakers. I had 4 of them in
the new house and all would trip as soon as I transmitted on my yagi
antenna.

I contacted EATON and they replaced the breakers with new ones that had just
gone into production in 2015. That fixed part of the problem. None now trip
with RF but the one that feeds the shack kicks out from the varying load of
the SSB amplifier.
They sent me a different type of breaker and it will trip when trying to
turn on the amplifier power. If I turn everything else off and turn the amp
on first (SB200) then turn the rest of the gear on it works ok.

EATON told me to contact all of my neighbors that were within 200 feet and
inform them of their problem with the old arc fault breakers.

Still waiting on EATON since April of this year for a solution.

73
Gary  K4FMX