[TowerTalk] Cell phone on towers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cell phone on towers
From: Ed Karl <edk0kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 18:37:01 -0500
One of the things I had to do "in the country" is to agree that my tower would not be used for commercial purposes. The Planning & Zoning folks were positive about ham radio, but we have probably the ugliest cell tower in the country in the middle
of town. I think that begot the "Telecommunications Ordinance" that I had
to apply under. No real problem, fast and encouraging.

Having said all that, you no longer will control the tower, they will. They will determine if you can rig to change or maintain your own equipment. They will be able to show up anytime to do work, including possible interference with your own operation

Then, as mentioned is power. You will change your home into a commercial place of
business, like it or not.

Having said all that, I wish you well in your deliberations.

73!

ed K0KL