Re: [TowerTalk] Buryflex Conector Help

To: Bill Cotter <n4lg@qx.net>, Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Buryflex Conector Help
From: Tom_N2SR via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 15:51:31 +0000 (UTC)
I install PL-259s the old fashion way, and I guess "crudely"   No coax prep
tool, no crimping.   I have noticed a similar issue to Rodger.   A few times I
would remove the foil and dielectric by rotating it off the center strands.  If
I did that "too much" it would twist the center strands too tightly, and made
it more difficult to get them into the center pin.  Now what I do is free the
dielectric and pull straight away from the cable.   Tom, N2SR