Re: [TowerTalk] Need balun advice

To: "Towertalk Reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need balun advice
From: "Don W7WLL" <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 18:58:34 -0800
Dummy load up on the tower at the end of the coax and run full legal limit. I discovered a coax length that was also intermittent.

Don W7WLL

-----Original Message----- From: Chris Wynn via TowerTalk
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2015 4:50 PM
To: Towertalk Reflector
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need balun advice

I have just put up an A3WS with 30 meter add on kit. I used an old wireman current balun that I believe is not working.
I need some advice on what balun to replace it with.
I want to order one ad soon as possible to put up in the even it ever STOPS raining in Atlanta! I have fought this antenna for 2 weeks climbing the tower in the rain, in the dark, and in the dark rain. I am to my wits end. If I replace the balun, and it still does not work, I plan on posting a video of me towing this antenna off the top on my tower. Last week I had the antenna back on the ground and disassembled every trap on it, and found nothing out of the ordinary. When I put it back up in the tower before cranking it back up, it sat at 24 feet and functioned flawlessly. However, after turning my back for 5 minutes, the SWR is all jacked out of whack again.
Somebody recommend anything, and I'll buy at this point...
Thanks and (I would) see you in the pile ups (if this damn thing would work)!
Chris WynnN4XFASEDXC ARRL LIFE MEMBER

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android