Re: [TowerTalk] Installing guy wires ???

To: "'Douglas Ruz \(CO8DM\)'" <co8dm@frcuba.co.cu>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Installing guy wires ???
From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 22:07:43 +0000
put one clamp up high on the guy wire and tie a rope around it.  take the
rope through the anchor and back to the clamp as tight as you can tie it.
do all 3 the same way so the tower is straight.  Then you can use a
screwdriver or wrench in the middle of the loop to twist the rope to
tighten, do all 3 the same way.  Be careful, do not tighten so much that you
break the rope.  This should give you enough pull to get it tight enough to
attach the wire to the turnbuckle and finish tightening with that.

This shows the technique: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Spanish-Windlass

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net:7373