Re: [TowerTalk] Reverse Fed Towers

To: <wosborne44@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Reverse Fed Towers
From: "Peter Voelpel" <dj7ww@t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 21:55:07 +0100
I use a system like that.
My tower is loaded with some yagis and 46m high at the top.
I feed it at the 25m level against a single sloping radial.
The inner conductor is connected to the radial, the shield to the tower.
The connection point was simulated with EZNEC before and was right at less
then 1m difference.
The antenna works perfectly well for me, SWR2 band width is about 200kHz and
fine tuning can be done at the radial.
It is also very good on receive, picks up much less noise then the
previously used ground fed T-vertical.
>From distances beyond 1000km it is already better then the 30m high
inverted-vee.

For cq160 I usually add an inverted-L reflector for directivity to VE/W.

If you are interest I will email the EZNEC file.

73
Peter