Re: [TowerTalk] Shrink Tubing

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shrink Tubing
From: Gary Johnson <gwj@wb9jps.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 08:25:45 -0800
> Wonder why they not offer to use the fix rate envelope USPS supplies. USPS
> has several different forms of fix rate shipping. Elkraft, I'm told, is using
> that when they ship their radios.

Because the heavier-walled adhesive-lined tubing cannot be bent or coiled
without some damage, and they supply it in 4-foot lengths. They ship it in a
rigid cardboard tube.

BTW, I only use it on the backshells as strain relief and as a starter for wx
sealing. Big fan of self-vulcanizing tape here for field joints. Adhesive
shrink is fairly miserable to remove.

Gary, NA6O