Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Attaching winch cable to Universal Tower

To: "'Kirk Kendrick'" <kmkendrick@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Attaching winch cable to Universal Tower
From: "J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 04:13:38 -0000
Kirk,
1. A stainless eyebolt on an aluminum gusset plate that is U-bolted/bolted
to the tower in such a way to spread stress.
2. Use multiple raising cables at various points on the tower.
3. I reinforced my tower legs with aluminum angle and made a pivot plate
across them at 11 ft tilt my Alumna T-140.  The base is a pair of 16ft 8x8s
three feet in the ground.  You could build a raising point using one or two
of these poles to elevate the winching point heading to your tower.
73,
Gordon, W2TTT
201.314.6964