Re: [TowerTalk] Barker & Williamson Model AC - 1.8 - 30 Antenna

To: Mike Ryan <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Barker & Williamson Model AC - 1.8 - 30 Antenna
From: Alan Swinger <awswinger@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 20:09:27 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
I have one of these and used it a few yrs back with the ground wire. Found it
to be very marginal and not even a good dummy load. BTW, do not exceed the 1 KW
PEP limit or that "Coupling" unit (just a big resistor) will burn up. Any
decent dipole or windom is much better than this B&W piece of junk! - Alan K9MBQ