Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 loading coils

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 loading coils
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 08:11:32 -0700
I have a EF-180C (86' element lengths) and replaced the linear loading with loading coils, almost exactly the way VE6WZ did his. The coils are located at the fiberglass insulator where the linear loading was attached. I tuned the antenna+coils for 3775 kHz, and use relay-switchable center loading coils to move resonance down to 3535 kHz.

It's been up for 1.5 years. Works very well, both mechanically and electrically. It is located about 5 feet above a M2 40M4LLDD, and at right angles to the 40 meter beam. I didn't want to risk any interaction with the 40.

73,
Steve, N2IC