Re: [TowerTalk] My first introduction to guy-wire dead end grips

To: dw <bw_dw@fastmail.fm>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] My first introduction to guy-wire dead end grips
From: edk0kl@centurytel.net
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 15:08:00 -0500 (EST)
The grips interleave with the the guy wire twist or wind, in tensioning the
line, the
grip tightens or winds into the existing interleave ...
Try this with a piece of flex antenna wire, unwind 3 wires and 4 wires for
about 2 feet.
Now make a loop rewinding the 3 and 4 wire ends. They should neatly marry
to one another. No other hardware necessary.

I have made numerous "slings" or "chokers" using this technique.

I was told by an old ironworker this is about 90% the strength of the cable
itself.
Pretty good for no "bug nuts' or cable clamps.

73!

ed K0KL