Re: [TowerTalk] Return on investment (golden rules) for antennainstallat

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Return on investment (golden rules) for antennainstallations
From: "Mike Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 09:02:37 -0500
Must be a slow week, ALREADY. Are we going to beating this dead horse again about MOSLEY (not Moseley) antennas? ...really? -m

-----Original Message----- From: Kelly Taylor
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2016 11:58 AM
To: Joe Subich, W4TV
Cc: dw ; [TowerTalk]

It was intended to compare to the specific Moseley model, a disclaimer the author clearly makes. He didn’t optimize the antenna because Moseley didn’t, either.

He also admits he ignored the other lumped inductances in the actual antenna, which probably hampers 20m efficiency even more than his model represents.

I suspect that particular Moseley was designed to appeal to folks transitioning out of a ground-mounted vertical, for whom the Moseley would appear to be a big upgrade, primarily for being up in the clear rather than for any electrical advantages over a dipole.

73, kelly
ve4xt