Re: [TowerTalk] Spelling

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Spelling
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 10:44:49 -0500
Thanks for catching that Mike.

My one handed typing errors are often morphed into something far different than what was intended. I was a touch typist and just watched the screen to catch error at 70 WPM +, my hands knew where the keys were, but I didn't. I found that now I have to watch the kbd and then read what I wrote. Never depend on a spell checker<:-) I have found when proof reading my own material, I see what I thought I did instead of what I did. What I used to type in a minute, now takes 15, or more. Things others type I catch right away, but my own? Goes right on by.

Again thanks,

73

Roger (K8RI)