Re: [TowerTalk] Klm 40m-1

To: Rod Greene <w7zrc@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Klm 40m-1
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 09:18:38 -0600
A vertical truss does very little regarding survivability in wind.

It is absolutely necessary for survivability with significant ice load.

It can do more harm than good with ice if the vertical attachment point is not
high enough, due to compression.  I've had booms and elements buckle up between
the top of the tower and the attachment point as a result of not going high
enough.

Stan, K5GO

Sent from Stan's IPhone