[TowerTalk] Buried or Elevated

To: "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Buried or Elevated
From: Russ Dearmore via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 15:46:58 +0000 (UTC)
After over 30 years of being an electrician and dealing with countless buried
pvc pipes the reality is that sometimes the pipes are dry and sometimes they
are full of water......   Probably about 50/50.  Plan on there being water in
the pipes and also plan on blowing or sucking the moisture out of them
periodically.  Greenlee makes an excellent vacuum that is no doubt a bit pricey
but a shop-vac may work also, never tried the shop-vac.  I bury all my pipes
for the advantage of easy future repulling of cables.  No need to re-trench
every time I want the latest and best coax or figure it's time to retire the
old cable or coax.  It will also look much more professional than the "Clothes
Line" method.  The disadvantage is that you will need a helper or two to blow
the string in the pipe and pull the cabling.  If that is a worry then just use
a trencher so you can do the work yourself maybe.  Whichever way you choose I
know you will enjoy the results.....   Good luck  Russ  K5ZZR
   My Heroes Wear Combat Boots!