Re: [TowerTalk] Tower buried section legs -- Buried in Concrete or Below

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower buried section legs -- Buried in Concrete or Below the Concrete?
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 09:32:07 -0500
I did exactly that with the Universal towers that I previously owned,
however the bases were square tubes with plate welded on the side for
mounting to the tower.  I am not sure how you can fill the complete Rohn
section up with concrete and still get the bolts in.  If you leave the
concrete lower than the top of the section, some of it will still have
water inside, unless you drill drain holes. I used taper pier pin bases on
all of my Rohn towers so this is not an issue for me.

John KK9A