Re: [TowerTalk] where the condensation comes from

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] where the condensation comes from
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 06:19:50 -0800
On 1/31/16 5:43 AM, StellarCAT wrote:
Thanks Jim, But I’m not sure many would use 2” pipe... 3” minimum –
and I’m thinking of 4” so the cross sectional area would reduce the
flow/area correct?

Bigger cross section means less resistance to the flow, so more flow. I just picked 2" because it was easy.

Also if at the ends where it is open that opening
is pointing down and the open face is horizontal to the ground. Any
air across it as far as pressure is concerned will be greatly reduced
– if anything it would be a venturi effect sucking instead of blowing
I’d think.  Gary

It could be.. I think the take home is that if you have a long pipe, the chances of there being a pressure differential between the ends is pretty good, and even with a pretty small pressure differential, enough air flows through to get a sort of slow trickle of water.