Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Fwd: where the condensation comes from

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Fwd: where the condensation comes from
From: "Perry K4PWO" <k4pwo@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 19:14:32 -0600
>From my experience, the principle way water gets into conduit is via ground
>water migration due to improper conduit joints.
I have two runs of 3", one of 2.5", and one of 1.25" all near 100' long.  Both
ends terminate in NEMA 4 rated boxes.  All coax exits at the tower via bulkhead
lightning arrestors and signal cable exit by watertight nipples. On the house
end, the NEMA box mounted on the side of the house has a cutout through the
house wall in its back where all coax and cables enter the garage area.
In the six years the conduit and cables have been installed, all I've ever
found when running new lines is dust.  You can feel air flow through the
conduit and the conduit ends are not sealed.
I did take care when installing the conduit to lightly sand the areas to be
joined, use primer, and generous amounts of glue.  You also need at least two
people to force the joints of the larger sizes together while rotating the pipe
in opposite directions. Then leave it alone until the glue dries.

Perry K4PWO