[TowerTalk] Soil Conductivity

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Soil Conductivity
From: edk0kl@centurytel.net
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 20:41:15 -0500 (EST)
I'm an OT and thus today's climate may have changed ... but you still have to
light up a test transmitter at 500 watts and determine the antenna/ ground
conductivity
at one mile. That determines if you're in a "sweet spot".
Then you do predictions based upon the graphs. If you have to directional,
that's
another set of measurements proving the peaks and nulls are where they should
be.
Lot's of fun field work, but I'm not sure if in modern times, computer stuff
has
made it any simpler.
Would be very useful to predict if the beverage you are planning should work ..

Good Luck!

73
ed K0KL