Re: [TowerTalk] OT but relevant

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OT but relevant
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 11:37:50 -0600
The Army paper referenced was published in 1991. The devices being implanted now are of significantly newer design and likely better and surely different in RFI/EMI rejection.

Medtronic issued a "Standard Letter" referencing arc welding. It is Rev B. 28-Feb-2008 and is two pages in length. Subject is arc welding. Anyone interested in the topic should request a copy. They can fax it.

There are more lengthy Medtronic publications that I have seen and have a copy of a couple of them "somewhere" that elude me at present. They include frequency bands and field strength limits that the ICD will work normally while exposed. I think I recall at 60 Hz the upper safe level is 5000 volts per meter. I don't have a photographic memory, unfortunately, so I can't tell the rest of the freqs vs field strengths.

Patrick        NJ5G