[TowerTalk] 40 meter vertical beam

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40 meter vertical beam
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 13:55:25 -0800
Hi All

I have a 40 meter vertical dipole that I would like to put a reflector
behind.

I was looking in a CQ Contest magazine at an article from N6BT of the Team
Vertical group.  They put up verticals for their contest setup.  One of the
antennas they used was a vertical beam on 40 with DE and Ref.

According to the modeling, he said the regular calculated dimension for the
reflector didn't work.  It had to be a different length, but he didn't say
what it was.  I can't find anything online about this antenna.

Does anyone know the formula for cutting the reflector length for the
vertical beam?  The vertical dipole is in a tree with the bottom about 6
feet in the air.

Thanks and 73
Tom W7WHY