Re: [TowerTalk] Lube for AlfaSpid RAK-1?

To: jim@jtmiller.com, TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lube for AlfaSpid RAK-1?
From: TexasRF--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 10:19:50 -0500
Hi Jim, Is there a possibility that your wiring has enough
resistance/voltage drop to cause a loss of horsepower? Is see on the Hygain web
 site that
the higher the voltage, the higher the turning torq.

Considering the large number of these units used in Europe at higher
latitudes than yours without reported problems with the grease it seems
unlikely
that is the actual cause of your problem. Sure the grease does get stiff
when  cold but one would expect the motor to be able to deal with that.

The description I read showed operation from 12 to 24v either AC or DC.
Perhaps you could do a test from the shack with a voltage source connected to
the motor leads only to see what happens.

Happy hunting!

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 3/8/2016 8:21:05 A.M. Central Standard Time,