Re: [TowerTalk] "Magic" length from tower to first insulator

To: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] "Magic" length from tower to first insulator
From: Larry Loen <lwloen@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 11:39:01 -0700
I could imaginably insulate my guys from the tower sections, because I am
using the Rohn brackets to attach them.  I would have to find some suitable
material before the tower went up, but I have time for that if I know what
to select (would want it to be UV resistant if possible, though the bracket
itself will give some sun protection).

I _think_ this helps or at least simplifies the analysis, because it should
take the tower sections themselves out of the picture.  If I understand the
discussion, it would also mean that it restores the tacit assumptions of
the original ARRL paper (albeit without Mr. London's sophisticated
modelling and analysis).

I also wonder if the second set of guys are grounded (which I intend to do
anyway), makes a difference in how the secondary lengths resonate?

WO7R