Re: [TowerTalk] W6NL 40m Moxon

To: Kevin Stover <kevin.stover@mediacombb.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] W6NL 40m Moxon
From: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 09:05:56 -0700
Thanks Joe. I was thinking about wind vectors but didn’t work it through.

With these numbers it should be simple to add a torque compensator to make up
for the higher torque generated by the reflector’s larger wind load. With only
a 22 ft. boom the rotator needs should be minimal. I also had to add a small
counterweight to the reflector end of the boom to compensate for coax and balun
weight.

Ken K6MR