Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: W6NL 40m Moxon

To: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>, "gboutin@infinichron.com" <gboutin@infinichron.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: W6NL 40m Moxon
From: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 14:30:47 -0700
I’ve been trying to find an archive of Communications Quarterly but no luck so
far. This obviously takes some study to understand (at least for a
non-mechanical type like me).

Grant: your idea of adjusting the boom to add the area from the tee sections
seems like a good idea. I’ll have to play with this.

Thanks to everyone for bringing this to my (our) attention. It is one of the
disadvantages of using software for designs: you don’t have to understand the
concepts to get answers. It’s like using Spice for circuit modeling: you don’t
need to understand the circuit to make something work. Paper and pencil
calculations really drive home why things work the way they do.

If anyone has a source for the original article please let us know.

Ken K6MR