Re: [TowerTalk] Manual antenna switch...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Manual antenna switch...
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 11:26:37 -0700
On Thu,4/14/2016 8:06 AM, Douglas Ruz / CO8DM wrote:
Some idea about a good/reliable Manual Ant Switch up to 4 antennas ?

I used to use manual switches, and had/used several different types. All worked pretty well and most were very good electrically. The Alpha-Delta 4x1 is probably what you want. I have several that I still use for temporary setups like CQP and FD.

At one point I had about six mechanical switches inline, all accessible from my operating position, and all the coax going to the switches really clogged things up. About three years ago, I replaced all of them with relay switches that are controlled by small rotary switches and toggle switches mounted in mini-boxes and screwed down to a shelf above the operating position. All the coax is out of the way, on the floor under the shelf that is under the rigs, and that that holds power amps.

I still have two Alpha-Delta switches in line -- one switches antennas that I added after designing the basic switching, and another switches the antennas for one of my K3s to a KX3.

73, Jim K9YC