Re: [TowerTalk] RF and AC Cables In Buried PVC

To: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RF and AC Cables In Buried PVC
From: Kevin Kidd <kkbroadcastengineering@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 08:17:46 -0500
Or just use direct burial cable and lay the conduit(s) in for future use.
As far as I know, all good quality coax is rated direct burial and some is
specifically designed as such.  Type UF AC wire is direct burial for AC.  I
don't recall the brand but the cable that I am using for rotator control
specifically noted "direct burial" on it.

Some of the cheap coax that I have found was supposedly direct burial but
had so many voids in the jacket that it wasn't safe _above_ ground.

Regards,

On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 9:09 PM, Tony <dxdx@optonline.net> wrote:

> Well that ends that idea.
>
> Thanks Al