Re: [TowerTalk] Tower maintenance person wanted - MN

To: K7LXC@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower maintenance person wanted - MN
From: Fred Hurd <fred.hurd@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 12:51:23 -0400
Hello Awsinger - I totally agree with Steve (K7LXC) regrarding the need to
replace cables on a  crank-up tower. I have used the same cables on my US Tower
TX-472 crank-up for well over ten years and they are in great shape because I
lubricate them twice a year with Pre-Lube 6 Preservative Cable Lubricant (which
you can buy from Steve).
You do need to grease the motor drive system periodically to keep smooth
operation especially during tower raising and also don’t forget the thrust
bearing at the top of the tower. You don’t need to replace the cables unless
upon close inspection you see one or more of the problems as indicated in
Steve’s email.

Best 73, Fred (W4PKU)