[TowerTalk] Help With Parts for Used 6M Yagi

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Help With Parts for Used 6M Yagi
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 11:49:48 -0700
Last summer, I bought a used C3SS that had a nice little 6M Yagi "thrown in." It came completely broken down, and I'm just getting around to putting it together. It's a VERY nice design, light weight and easy to assemble for backpacking, but I'm missing some key hardware. Ideally I'd like to identify it and buy the parts from the mfr, but failing that, I'll need to improvise them or find something else that works.

First, a description. It's a two-piece boom, a few inches shorter than 6 ft, the screws to mate the two pieces are there (8-32), as is the boom to mast bracket, with hardware. The elements are each 36 in x 1/2-in o.d. that mount centered on the boom, with 3/8-in extensions that are held in place by captive screws on the 1/2-in sections. It's clearly designed for a gamma match, and the female UHF connector is there, but I'm missing the gamma tube and the sliding bar that connects it to the driven element. I'm also missing the simple brackets that hold the elements perpendicular to the boom, and the mounting screws.

Any ideas about the mfr? Any ideas about where I might buy the stuff I'm missing? I can easily buy tubing for the gamma, and I've got coax from which I can strip the shield to be the center element of the cylindrical capacitor, but I need the sliding coupler.

Thanks and 73, Jim K9YC