Re: [TowerTalk] Magnetic switch source

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Magnetic switch source
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 09:21:21 -0500
Radio Shack used to have reed switches for use in alarm systems or ...

Patrick        NJ5G

On 5/27/2016 7:53 AM, George Dubovsky wrote:
Steve,

Google George Risk Industries GRI P-20-A. That's the one commonly used in
prop-pitches and, I believe, the Orion.

73,

geo - n4ua

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 8:31 AM, Steve NR4M <steve@nr4m.com> wrote:

Hello all,

Anyone have info on the magnetic switches which are used in the Orion
rotators?

I am using one now with a prop pitch gearbox and looking for spares.

It's about 5/16 inch in dia, with a white top and about 1 inch long with
threaded body and wire leads.

I have searched Digikey and Mouser and can not seem to find anything
similar.  Probably did a search with the wrong words.  I can find the long
slender reed switches contained in a glass 'tube', but nothing like what I
need.

--
73 de Steve, NR4M