Re: [TowerTalk] Change in Frequency with Height above Ground

To: john@kk9a.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Change in Frequency with Height above Ground
From: TexasRF--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 22:31:04 -0400
John, you could consider the two balun wires to be a balanced transmission
line and model the effect of that. For example, if the wire spacing was 4
inches  and the diameter was .1in the impedance would be about 525 ohms. If
the length  was 6 inches, at 14 Mhz it would be 2.6 degrees long.

Connecting a 50R termination to that and using transmission line software
would result in a 50.1 +j24 value. The antenna feed point would need to
present  a 50.1 -j24 value to match.

Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 5/27/2016 8:10:24 P.M. Central Daylight Time,