Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR question
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 09:13:55 -0700
Syl,

How much mast is available above the C31 ? Could you slide it up higher on the mast ?

Here's what I would do first. Make a sketch of the side view of the C31XR to scale, something easy to work with like 1/4" equals 1 foot. Show the elements mounted on the boom and the mast mounting point. Then make another sketch of just the top of the tower with the mast coming out the top. Make sure the tower top plate and the mast projection are also at 1/4" equals 1 foot scale. Lastly take scissors and cut around the scale drawing of the C31 boom and position it on the tower top drawing. Rotate it down until you see the point where it hits the tower top plate. Measure out from the tower how far the 20/15 driven el connection point is (1/4" equals 1 foot) Then you can see if you can reach out far enough. If I was at the office I could do this using a computer with AutoCad, but it is an easy layout to do on paper.

Bob
K6UJ