Re: [TowerTalk] Change in Frequency As Antenna Height Rises

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Change in Frequency As Antenna Height Rises
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 11:04:24 -0700
On Wed,6/1/2016 7:10 AM, Jim Thomson wrote:
The K7LXC  tests  were for trapped yagis.

Not really -- they were for tri-band Yagis that were popular at the time. The F12 antennas that were the best performers in both size classes are NOT trapped.

Mosley has no clue how to design anything, and still don’t, so its no surprise
their heavy, long boomed, trapped yagis get solidly trounced by a f12 2 el monoband
yagi.

The C3SS is our favorite "expedition" antenna. Members of our CQP team owns three of them (NI6T, W6GJB, and me). Glen (GJB) has rebuilt them mechanically so that they go together very quickly.

73, Jim K9YC