[TowerTalk] Exploring another option re interaction 40/15 on same tower

To: "tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Exploring another option re interaction 40/15 on same tower
From: "StellarCAT" <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 11:15:22 -0400
Ok ... so the plan is to have 6/6 on 15M at 90/45 and I’m worried about (the
unknown) interaction from a 4 el 40 mounted 34’ above the top 15.

One option I have is to simply rotate the 40M 90 degrees and mount it that way.
I already have the 80/75 dipole turned that way so the rotor has to have an
‘offset’ reading capability (Green Heron) ... so why not just ‘extend’ that to
40 as well. I have a rugged mount that will allow it to be mounted on the 1.5”
leg of the Rohn 45 with an arm that goes out to a second leg for added
reinforcement ...

I don’t know if there is an adverse effect between 80 and 40 – the 80 dipole is
~76’ long with hi-Q coils at the center and 26’ T bars out 2/3rd of the way to
the end...

There might still be an issue of the boom of the 40, 42’ long, interacting with
the top 15 but it would be considerably less than the full antenna I’d guess...
but only a guess.

does anyone have any issues with this? I know the wind load is going to be
changed to put it lightly ... but with 6 antennas on this tower – all
substantial in size that might actually be a good thing making it less
susceptible to the desire to ‘point it in to the wind’ (for as we all know we
can’t always do that).

thoughts?

Gary
K9RX