[TowerTalk] Raising a TH-11 DX antenna

To: "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Raising a TH-11 DX antenna
From: Russ Dearmore via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 17:24:43 +0000 (UTC)
 Paul,  I will try your tram line technique next time I get the chance.  I used
to live in a 2 story house and had a carriage house in back that was also 2
story.  I ran a line between the peaks but removed one end to lower the small
beam down by hand and bent several spokes in the process.  If I had simply
attached a shackle or pulley over the line and to the beam I could have easily
slid it along the line till the beam was over the yard and slipped one end of
the line and gently lowered it down and done the old prospector dance in
Treasure of the Sierra Madres..... ( Walther Houston).   I've moved since then
but I'll be raising a 20m mono this fall onto my 72' US Tower telescoping tower
and will see if I can make it as efficient as you did.  Thanks a bunch...
Russ  K5ZZR
  My Heroes Wear Combat Boots!