To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 163, Issue 6
From: "Mitch" <mskobier@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 08:28:51 -0700
Les,
        You asked if there was a better method than the turkey baster for
removing the residual oil in the bottom of the gear box, so I offer this
suggestion. One of the shore-lander type of marine engine oil change tanks
might work for you. Basically, they are a small vacuum tank to which you can
attach small diameter tubing to allow the tube to be inserted down the oil
level dip stick tube to suck the oil out of the engine. They are generally
called an oil extractor, and there are a bunch of different variations.
Harbor Freight sells at least two different models. The one I have is the
green metal tank version, and I have had it at least 15 years, and have
removed many a gallon of oil with it.

Mitch KJ7JA

>>> 3" of oil left to suck out. Is there a better idea than the turkey
baster?