Re: [TowerTalk] re AES SK

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] re AES SK
From: "J. Hunt via TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 01:44:48 +0000 (UTC)
Very surprised and saddened to read AES SK.
My first transceiver, Yaesu Ft-101zd and gear was purchased from Milwaukee AES
while I was a young teenager.

73,
James
ki5dq
(ka9fhf)

 To: towertalk@contesting.com
 Date: Wednesday, July 6, 2016, 8:32 PM

 I'll sure miss them here in Lake Havasu City, AZ....when ever I needed
something in time before a contest weekend they
 were there for a quick  in-time delivery....great, quick service.

 Jerry
  K7lY

 On 7/6/2016
 6:15 PM, Matthew King - KK4CPS wrote:
 > I've been a ham for about 5 years now, and I've seen their website many
 > times.
 >
 > I've never ordered from them as they've never been particularly competitive
 > on price or shipping.
 >
 > I think in today's market of competing primarily on price with quality
 > customer service being a given and not something that you "pay a little
 > extra for", they were unwilling or unable to lower their prices. There's
 > other retail pricing outlets (DX Engineering, HRO, etc...) that are still
 > going strong (and growing, it seems) so I'm not sure what was different in
 > their business model to prevent them from being able to
 persevere.

 > It's always sad to see a company go by the wayside, to be sure.
 >
 > Best of luck to their employees!
 >
 > 73
 >
 > Matt
 > KW4VY
 >
 > On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 8:34 PM, <john@kk9a.com> wrote:
 >
 >> Sad news. I do not recall seeing a catalog in a while. Many years ago while
 >> living in Chicago I used to buy from the Milwaukee store frequently and I
 >> would have the item(s) the next day.
 >>
 >> John
 KK9A