Re: [TowerTalk] AES SK

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AES SK
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 07:39:16 -0400
I guess the days of going to the store and turning the knobs of various
transceivers is over. I have been to the AES Milwaukee store a number of
times even before I had a license. I picked up my first tribander and
transceiver there. One nice thing about AES was that they also repaired
radios and you could trade yours in for a different model. In recent years
I have infrequently ordered from AES. Other companies like HRO and DX
Engineering have excellent pricing, easy to use websites and in some cases
free shipping. DX Engineering has free shipping on many items if your
order is over $99 and in my experience their customer service has been
outstanding.

John KK9A