Re: [TowerTalk] Tribander Stacking

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tribander Stacking
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 17:33:40 -0400
"As a personal choice", regardless of where you are located in VE3 land, a "fixed" tribander will limit access to portions of the US. Im in Michigan, and find everything between 90 and 280, necessary if I exclude Alaska and most of Canada, while the stacked pair would take care of all. The single, fixed antenna splitting the difference on the US would be a quick switch, but the sides would quickly fall off to be filled in by the stack. Me? Even with the land and budget, I doubt I'd go for more than a stacked pair

Even in NE VE3, you have between 90 and 270 or 20 for the US.

73

Roger (K8RI)