[TowerTalk] Help With Rohn 25 and Winch

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Help With Rohn 25 and Winch
From: Ross Lambert <gummydoc@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 12:15:30 -0400
I put up 16 feet of Rohn 25 g ( 10 foot section and a 6 foot section. )
This tower is bolted to upper section of house near eave of  house at the
10 foot up from the
a 3 ele tribander (TA33M ) and a 3 element 6 meter beam is going on it.
The tilt over base is on a flat roof .
I would like to use a winch and block and tackle to tilt over and tilt up
tower.

I bought a D and L WG2000 worm gear winch
7/32 aircraft winch cable

I plan on routing the cable through a series of pulleys rated at 800 lbs up
to the ten foot level

The question is should I use a block and tackle arrangement between the
wall of the hous and the tower?

And will this short tower be ok with the winch?  I'd like to be able to
raise and lower the tower with the antennas on it.

The antennnas dont weigh much. The tribander  will be just above tower top
and the 6 meter 4 or 5 feet above.

Any comments or suggestions?

Please copy your response to e-mail address below

Ross

K3HR

k3hr@k3hr.com