Re: [TowerTalk] Biggest rotor that will fit in a Rohn 25G

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Biggest rotor that will fit in a Rohn 25G
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 17:26:11 -0400
K8RI:  > A heavy duty rotator with a large antenna should be mounted well
down into the tower. Mounted at the top, in the tapered section would
likely put very high stress at that point.

I mounted my rotator at the same point in 45G and had no problems for >10
years with the antennas/wind speeds in Colorado described previously.  If
still concerned, you could mount a straight 25G section above a straight
25AG4 and install the rotator in the 16" window.  Of course this would
require a long mast (~15').  I don't know which LPDA Jeff is considering
but I doubt it's >32 sq. ft.

73,  Bill  W4ZV