Re: [TowerTalk] HAM IV rotor and 2 antennas ???

To: "Douglas Ruz / CO8DM" <co8dm@frcuba.co.cu>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HAM IV rotor and 2 antennas ???
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 22:44:54 -0400
On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 3:39 PM, Douglas Ruz / CO8DM <co8dm@frcuba.co.cu>
wrote:

> I want to know if I can install a 2 element 40m antenna few feet below the
> spiderbeam without broken the HAM IV ?

​Perhaps. Lasting through the next big windstorm is another story. The HAM
IV is a fairly light rotor. If you considered a lightweight 40m yagi,
perhaps.​ It's rated at 1.4 sq m wind load. But you're a long way from
that. The issue is the moment limitation - 2800 ft pounds. You can
calculate "K Factor" - lots of places to find the method, but here's the
Yaesu explanation at a Hamstation web site:
http://www.hamstation.com/yg800sdxa.htm

​This is an answer to the rotator question... no discussion of other
stacking issues...​

Mickey Baker, N4MB
Palm Beach Gardens
*“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me,
and I will learn.” *Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.