Re: [TowerTalk] 6-meter antenna height

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 6-meter antenna height
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 10:16:53 -0400

On 7/31/2016 4:44 AM, Jim Brown wrote:

My QTH is looking into a ridge to the N, E, and SE that rises 200 - 600
ft from my ground level, so higher is better. That SteppIR at 120 ft
gives me a horizon between about 12 and 15 degrees to all of NA. And
it's looking into a dense stand of redwoods in all directions. But I've
still managed to work 352 grids and confirm 342 in ten seasons. This was
a bad season, and it still yielded 11 new grids.

I'm not convinced that says much about antenna height on six meters ...
I've managed to work 413 and confirm 388 grids (49 states - need AK)
in five seasons with nothing more than essentially a double zepp at
about 25 feet.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV