Re: [TowerTalk] 6M antenna height

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 6M antenna height
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 20:20:52 -0400

On 7/31/2016 7:54 PM, John Langdon wrote:
As I understand it, HFTA statistically does not account for sporadic
Ehops, so it's usefulness for 6M may be in question.

HFTA does not include propagation values for 6 meters.  If you look
at the *.PRN files you will see values for 80/40/30/20/17/12/10 but
not 160 or 6.

When using HFTA on 6 meters (or anywhere on VHF/UHF), the 10 meter
propagation values are used because HFTA uses the next lowest values
(enter 20 MHz and you will see that the 17 meter values are used).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

As I understand it, HFTA statistically does not account for sporadic E hops,
so it's usefulness for 6M may be in question.

I learned for USA domestic F2 propagation on 20-15-10 with my sloping
foregrounds, it is very easy to get too high.

73 John N5CQ