Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking question - another reality data point

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking question - another reality data point
From: Tom_N2SR via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 13:46:54 +0000 (UTC)
I used to operate at N3RS, who has 5/5/5 on 20, 5/5/5 on 15, and 5/5/5 on 10.
I forget the specific stacking heights/distances, but IIRC, they are 20:
37/77/117 feet, 15: 47/77/127 feet.  10: 25/50/87 feet.
I am using 2 C31XR tribanders at 40 and 80 feet, with separate feedlines.   On
10, I have added a 5 element 10 at 25 feet, so while the distances are a
compromise, I will have 3/3 @ 40/80 on 20, 4/4 @ 40/80 on 15, and 5/5/5 @
25/40/80 feet.   Which seems very similar to Tim's and well as Sig's stacking
distances and heights.
I used HFTA not for the gain numbers, but as someone else pointed out, to
eliminate or move the nulls for the arrival angles from Europe (mainly) and
other directions.
As John also pointed out, I only have 1 tower, and the C31XR's are just above
the guy wires.  So that's what I have, and I have no plans to take the tower
down to reconfigure the guy wires.  I know some guys have tribanders at
30/60/90 feet, but I chose not to do that.
Tom, N2SR