Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator and Beam advice requested

To: john@kk9a.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator and Beam advice requested
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 21:01:07 -0700
Tape extended or retracted the wind load is the same. If the fiberglass tube breaks, the BeCu tape (looks like 16mm film with sprocket holes) is not damaged if retracted. An much easier and cheaper fix. If the housing breaks it still might make a difference for the tape survival. I think there is also some benefit to fully retract now and then to clean the tape.

The current gen housing is much improved over the original design.

Grant KZ1W