Re: [TowerTalk] Pin or not

To: Ed Karl <edk0kl@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pin or not
From: Rudy Bakalov via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 23:59:17 -0400
The last two responses made me think- except for the very first time the tower
went up, the clamp bolts were never tightened using an impact driver, always by
hand. It is possible that they need more torque to have the clamp hug the mast
really tight and create sufficient friction.

So I think my very first step will be to:

1) Replace the SS steel bolts with Grade 8 bolts and
2) Borrow a serious impact drill and tighten the bolts to the max allowed torque

Now about the Grade 8 bolts- I tried very hard to find an online supplier to no
avail. Plenty of suppliers that sell Grade 8 hardware, but only zinc plated.
Where can I buy them galvanized or whatever alloy coated?

Rudy N2WQ

Sent using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity, typos, or inappropriate
autocorrect.