Re: [TowerTalk] Questions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Questions
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 22:04:59 -0700
On Tue,8/30/2016 9:43 PM, Gary Smith wrote:
One difficult thing for me is I am to a fair degree handicapped. I
can walk around but can't really carry anything heavy on uneven
ground. Since I have to do this all myself,

Hi Gary,

If you have ham neighbors, by all means ask for help. That's been in our tradition for as long as I've been in ham radio. When I was 14, local hams taught me CW and radio and electronics fundamentals; by the time I was 15 I had a license, and Andy, W8IEQ, gave me a transmitter. I have an awfully nice antenna farm here, but I couldn't have done much without a LOT of help from other hams. I'm a member of NCCC, a great contesting club, and we're always helping each other out.

73, Jim K9YC