Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Sources

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Sources
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 20:32:19 -0700
On Wed,8/31/2016 8:12 PM, Wilson Lamb wrote:
I have been ordering 400 equiv from Shireen.
Half the cost, or less.

Coax performance and durability is largely a matter of manufacturing quality.

"LMR400 equivalent" is NOT a performance spec, it is an advertising claim. And as K8RI has noted, LMR400 itself has some problems. Those who buy ONLY on price and performance "claims" often get what they pay for -- less.

Those wanting to learn more about coax might find k9yc.com/Coax-Stubs.pdf helpful. Nobel Laureate K1JT heard my talk on this at Pacificon several years ago and complimented me on it.

73, Jim K9YC